Lacombe County is seeking a finance professional who thrives in a fast paced team environment for the permanent full-time Financial Officer position (Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm). Reporting to the Accountant in the Corporate Services department, this position is responsible for maintaining financial information, analyzing and preparing reports, performing account reconciliations, managing a subsidiary fund, and for participating in special financial projects within the organization.
We’re looking for a proactive individual with strong financial analysis abilities and good communication skills. The ability to convey complex financial information effectively to others and to field challenging questions with ease is essential. The ideal candidate has previous municipal experience and has an interest in developing the position as the organization evolves.
A snapshot of what you will do:
- Prepare and review financial reports ensuring accuracy related to the various operating and capital accounts;
- Manage all aspects of revenue and expenditures of a subsidiary fund;
- Administer project/work order costing and inventory control functions;
- Provide assistance with year-end accounting functions including reconciliations, financial statement preparation and the annual external audit;
- Provide financial support to department staff;
- Provide assistance with operating and capital budget preparation;
- Work collaboratively with other staff on various special financial projects.
- Completion of a degree or diploma with a focus in accounting, or an acceptable combination of education and training. Preferably, you are working towards a professional accounting designation;
- Several years related accounting experience in a complex computerized accounting environment;
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and preferably the Municipal Government Act;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (MS Excel, Word, Outlook);
- Exhibits a high level of internal/external customer service;
- Able to work with considerable independence and demonstrate resourcefulness in establishing business objectives.
What does Lacombe County have to offer?
We are situated halfway between Edmonton and Calgary, only a 20 minute commute from Red Deer. We have a comprehensive health and dental benefits package, a health/wellness spending account, a defined pension plan (contributions by the employee and employer), a flex time program with your family and lifestyle in mind, professional development opportunities, and a supportive work environment.
Please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations by 4pm, January 9, 2017 to:
E-mail: email@example.com | Fax: 403.782.3820 | www.lacombecounty.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. Please note: All applicants must be legally entitled to live and work in Canada.
This competition may remain open longer until a suitable candidate is found.