FirstOnSite Restoration has an immediate opening for a Finance Business Partner – Western Region in our Calgary branch. The candidate will report to the VP of Finance with indirect reporting to the Regional VP of Operations.
Partner with the VP of Finance and Regional VPs to assist the business with all Finance related activities including budgeting, payables and receivables management, variance analysis, and administrative management and support. This position will also facilitate and assist with any accounting, reporting and auditing requirements for the regions and corporate office. The role will ensure compliance with ethical accounting standards and all corporate policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance wherever needed for the preparation of billings and collection of AR.
- Coordinate and prepare all operational accounting functions including revenue accruals, AFDA analysis, and the analysis of business results to provide insights and recommendations to drive operational performance
- Assist in the preparation of the branch and regional budgets and provide requested forecasts throughout the year
- Produce detailed reporting for the Regional VPs for various revenue segments to analyze actual versus budgeted results.
- Analyze the profitability of the various business segments and make recommendations to assist in future revenue growth or cost savings.
- Prepare analysis on payroll costs related to overtime or non-billable hours.
- Liaise with the branch managers to fully explain and provide additional information when requested to further examine variances for the monthly financial packages.
- Cash flow management reporting as required
- Support the national office accounting team as required in accounting, reporting, tax and auditing activities
- Capital Budget Management and preparation of capital expenditure authorization requests
- Assess both accounting and administrative controls and make recommendations and improvements as necessary
- Supervise and assist in the development and maintenance of accounting files and records
- Ensure organization is complying with all accounting practices and standards
- Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and delegating work accordingly
- Translate strategic goals into practical actions
- Ensure that all employees comply with company policies, procedures, and ethical standards
- Provide training, coaching, and mentoring to team regularly and as necessary
- Ad hoc reporting and administrative support for regional and corporate offices
- Degree in business administration, management, finance, accounting, or a related field
- Five years of experience in a management role with exceptional communication skills
- Current professional designation through a recognized governing body required, specifically CPA
- Strong formal and informal leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements
- Advanced proficiency with accounting software (Great Plains preferred) and excel mandatory
- Well-developed coaching and team building skills
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret goals, objectives, and policies
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Strategic thinker who is results oriented