EPCOR has one (1) temporary full-time position available up to 11 months!
The Manager, Regulatory Reporting is responsible for the monitoring and management of EPCOR’s Distribution and Transmission 2018 operating budget inputs, and ensuring accurate and timely reporting is provided to managers. This includes developing, analyzing and reviewing IFRS and Regulatory transactions to support the Distribution PBR and Transmission TFO regulatory filings.
Reporting to the Controller, Distribution & Transmission, the Manager, Regulatory Reporting is accountable for but not limited to:
- Providing direct support to managers and directors for the accumulation of budget inputs used to complete EPCOR’s Distribution & Transmission corporate budget and regulatory filings.
- Developing and providing necessary reporting to managers and directors in a timely manner.
- Supporting the preparation of the narrative sections for both the PBR and TFO Regulatory applications.
- Working with affiliates to complete the forecast of intercompany transactions and Service Level Agreements.
- Developing, implementing and reviewing EPCOR’s Distribution & Transmission Finance Regulatory Reporting processes, to ensure compliance with policies, standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Participating in budget review meetings.
- Using Adaptive Insights’ Office Connect tool, to support the calculation of EPCOR’s Distribution & Transmission revenue requirements, cost allocation model and the necessary regulatory reports.
- Planning and coordinating of financial and non-financial aspects of the annual budget.
Creating and managing a strong team of employees, including, determining the optimal team size and recruitment, retention, and development strategies.
Arranging training to ensure that technical knowledge of employees is current, and that all employees have the technical skills they require.
Ensuring deliverables of directly reporting positions are aligned and integrated, with EPCOR’s Distribution & Transmission Finance performance metrics.
- Demonstrating a safe, accountable, focused, and innovative approach to work.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
A Business, Finance or Accounting degree from a recognized post-secondary institution is required.
Professional Accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA or CPA) or MBA is preferred.
3-5 years of budget/forecasting experience.
2-3 years of team leadership experience.
Understanding of, and the ability to apply, GAAP, IFRS and accounting principles in accordance with EPCOR’s policies and standards.
Understanding of EPCOR’s financial and regulatory reporting processes.
Ability to assess effectiveness of internal controls over budget reporting processes and implement improvements as needed.
Advanced modeling skills and knowledge in the use of Microsoft Excel.
Analytical skills required to assess reasonability of results.
- Experience with budgeting software.
As our best candidate, you demonstrate that you take initiative and seek opportunities to contribute to the knowledge and success of your team. You possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as demonstrate a high attention to detail. As the successful candidate, you are able to exercise influence when working in a cross functional team, and demonstrate effective interpersonal and leadership skills. You also demonstrate a strong work ethic and critical thinking skills.
Hours of work: 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week
How to Apply:
EPCOR only accepts resumes via on-line application at www.epcor.com/careers. If you choose to submit your resume by any other means, we cannot guarantee that your application will be considered.
Thank you for your interest in a career with EPCOR. Due to the large volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
EPCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Positions are filled by means of open competition where the selection is based on job-related skills, training, experience, suitability and, where appropriate, seniority.
Please note that all EPCOR positions are subject to a criminal records check.
To apply for this position go to IRC35028, application deadline December 16, 2016.