Reporting to the CFO and as a key member of the finance department, the successful applicant will interact with the Woodlands and Operations groups to provide monthly company performance reports, support ongoing continuous improvement initiatives and strive to further grow the success of our business. The anticipated start date for this position will be early February 2017.
Specifically, the role will be responsible for:
- The preparation of timely and accurate full-cycle accounting including monthly journal entries and financial statement packages, variance analysis, Power Point graphs, and respective reporting as needed.
- Coordination and support role with the CFO for preparation of annual business plan.
- Analysis and preparation of periodic surveys for external users including Statistics Canada.
- Providing value-added decision support and contact person for operations personnel on department inquiries as they relate to business spending and other matters related to the accounting activities.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A professional designation (CPA) or be enrolled in the final stages of completion
- Well established organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Detailed and proactive approach to work
- A strong computer systems skill set including fluency with Excel pivot tables and PowerPoint.
- Forest industry experience is preferred but not required
As this job relates to a future employee retirement, transitional training will be provided.
If this position is of interest to you, please apply to email@example.com referencing the Operations Accountant position.