What are we looking for?
We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Edmonton team. The successful candidate will demonstrate sound technical knowledge of tax and assurance concepts and will be dedicated to the deliverance of exceptional client service in a timely manner.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Prepare year-end engagements and personal/corporate tax returns
- Plan and execute work related to Assurance and Accounting and income tax engagements
- Prepare financial statements that comply with accounting standards
- Ability to build effective working relationships with clients
- Ability to effectively respond to client requests and suggestions related to the engagement
- Audit financial statements
- Draft reports and responses to client queries for manager review
- Maintain communication between partners and other team members on an ongoing basis of progress and significant issues
Our clients include:
- Real estate
- Recreational vehicle businesses
- Automotive dealerships
- Professional services
- Government entities
- Aboriginal organizations
- Non-profit organizations
What do we offer?
Both current employees and alumni agree: Crowe MacKay is a great place to work no matter what your role. Our unique culture is the difference. We offer a relaxed work environment that fosters personal interaction between all members of the Crowe MacKay team. We strive to maintain the most up-to-date technology to facilitate your work environment and encourage all team members to lead a balanced lifestyle because we want you to take the time to enjoy your personal life.
Skills and requirements:
- University degree
- 2+ years of public accounting and audit experience
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (Word and Excel), Caseware, Caseview, and Taxprep
- Able to prioritize workloads, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Values teamwork, client/customer service, professionalism, community involvement, personal and professional growth
Sound like a fit?
We invite you to read more about us here and encourage you to submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.