Competition No. - A101531397
Closing Date - Will remain open until filled.
The Office of the Registrar (RO) at the University of Alberta seeks a service-oriented professional to lead the Finance and Administration area. The RO provides student and academic support services and systems to the University community. The Associate Director Finance and Administration reports to the Associate Registrar and Director of Administrative Systems and manages a unit of three to four staff members.
The Associate Director, Finance and Administration is the chief financial officer for the Office of the Registrar and is responsible for financial management of both operating and restricted funds, financial forecasting, budget preparation and maintenance, and the collection of various student fees. This position is accountable for the development, establishment and maintenance of an effective and efficient support structure to manage the financial and administrative operations of the Office of the Registrar. The successful candidate will manage the planning and distribution of the Registrar's resources, and is an integral part of the strategic business planning and management process.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Directs the multi-year financial planning and processes for all RO units, understands the comprehensive picture and inter-relationships when collaboratively (with the Managers) drafting budget and funding allocations for the RO units; ensures that budget and funding is utilized in an effective and efficient manner and in support of the goals of the Office of the Registrar
- Leads the review, investigation and resolution of issues related to all Funds; manages the financial administration and processes related to unique initiative and events
- Implements, monitors, identifies and improves financial and administrative processes and internal control structure while considering risk and resource implications; ensures that unit financial processes and procedures are in accordance with all necessary regulations and university policies/procedures; and takes the lead in implementing and teaching new financial business process resulting from ERP (PeopleSoft Financials) upgrades and changes to functionality
- Develops regular and ad hoc reporting to assist senior management in the strategic decision making process.
- Accountable for the financial management (proactive planning, execution, and reporting) of all restricted and non-restricted revenue available for use by Student Financial Support (SFS) Programs
- Develops a strong and integrated team, develops efficiency, clarity of procedures and processes, manages staff recruitment, retention and annual performance evaluations of staff;
- Provides leadership to the RO in the areas of Operational Planning and Facilities Management
- Provides strategic advice and guidance to senior level management teams in order to achieve long term strategies
The successful candidate will have related postsecondary education and an accounting designation, as well as a minimum seven years of experience in financial planning and administration. These will be complemented by strong skills working in large financial administration systems. You will also possess sound management, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, proven dedication to teamwork and customer service, in addition to successful experience in team building, supervision and staff development.
In accordance with the Administrative Professional Officer agreement, this position offers a comprehensive benefits package found at: www.hrs.ualberta.ca and annual salary range of $62,455 - $104,087.
Review of applications will commence on January 3, 2017; however, the competition will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested applicants may apply to:
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. If suitable Canadian citizens or permanent residents cannot be found, other individuals will be considered.