Controller, Water Canada
The Water Canada business unit functions within a regulated and commercial environment of which the Controller must lead and manage. The Controller, Water Canada reports to the Senior Vice President/Chief Financial Officer and is accountable for the performance of the Water Canada Finance team. This includes ensuring the allocation of appropriate resources, the assignment of work priorities, and providing leadership to align Business Unit priorities with corporate strategy.
The key accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing sound financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting to the business unit.
- Providing financial analysis to support the leadership team when making business decisions, including decisions related to business opportunities.
- Developing an understanding of the Water Canada regulatory environment and translate into a 2 - 5 year business plan.
- Providing overall leadership to the Water Canada Finance team.
- Developing and nurturing a high performing, disciplined, safe, accountable, focused, innovative and achievement-oriented team that is easy to do business with.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting with a Professional Accounting Designation is required.
- 8+ years of experience at the senior management level.
- 3+ years of experience in regulatory accounting.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of regulatory accounting.
- Ability to successfully deliver financial elements of a regulatory filing.
- Understanding of utility and rate-regulated business operations is an asset.
- Experience as an effective business partner, providing financial analysis and advice that supports quality business decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to assess opportunities for process improvement and implement accordingly.
- Strong leadership ability, with a history of making sound decisions.
- Enhanced understanding of effective business and technical communication at all levels.
Hours of Work: 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week
This position will be eligible for the following total compensation and benefits package:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual short term incentive (bonus) pay program (achievement against selected metrics)
- Medium term incentive plan designed as a retention and business performance plan
- Paid vacation
- Flexible benefits plan
- Five paid personal days off each year
- One Friday off per month
- Access to internal and external career development programs
- Financial support for personal development
- EPCOR Savings Plan with company matched contributions
- Pension Plan
- Financial support for employee wellness
- Career opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines and operational areas
- Financial support for charitable organizations that employees contribute to
How to Apply:
EPCOR only accepts resumes via on-line application at www.epcor.com/careers. If you choose to submit your resume by any other means, we cannot guarantee that your application will be considered.
Thank you for your interest in a career with EPCOR. Due to the large volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
EPCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Positions are filled by means of open competition where the selection is based on job-related skills, training, experience, suitability and, where appropriate, seniority.
Please note that all EPCOR positions are subject to a criminal records check.
To apply for this competition go to IRC35175, application deadline January 13, 2017.