The Corporate Controller reports to the Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer and is accountable for the performance of the Corporate Finance team. This includes ensuring accurate and timely shared service, corporate and treasury accounting, consolidated financial and management reporting, consolidated budgeting and forecasting, accounts payable, financial analysis and regulatory support.
The key accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Developing an understanding of EPCOR's Corporate Finance environment and translate it into a 2 - 5 year business plan.
- Developing an understanding of EPCOR's unique and diverse operations and ensuring that Corporate Finance supports and enables operational success.
- Ensuring EPCOR's accounting policies are developed and consistently applied throughout EPCOR.
- Ensuring that EPCOR's financial reporting and disclosure requirements under Securities Regulation are fulfilled in a timely and accurate basis.
- Developing and nurturing a high performance, highly disciplined, safe, accountable, focused, innovative and achievement-oriented team that is easy to do business with.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting with a Professional Accounting Designation is required.
- 10+ years of experience at the senior management level.
- 3+ years of public accounting experience.
- Demonstrates a strong business acumen.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, able to influence and to deliver concise and complex information to leadership and the Board.
- Ability to successfully apply the necessary knowledge to deliver accurate and timely audited financial statements.
- Ability to successfully apply the necessary knowledge to deliver financial disclosure compliant with the securities regulation requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to provide financial analysis and advice that supports quality business decisions.
- Ability to assess opportunities for process improvement and implement accordingly.
Hours of Work: 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week
This position will be eligible for the following total compensation and benefits package:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual short term incentive (bonus) pay program (achievement against selected metrics)
- Medium term incentive plan designed as a retention and business performance plan
- Paid vacation
- Flexible benefits plan
- Five paid personal days off each year
- One Friday off per month
- Access to internal and external career development programs
- Financial support for personal development
- EPCOR Savings Plan with company matched contributions
- Pension Plan
- Financial support for employee wellness
- Career opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines and operational areas
- Financial support for charitable organizations that employees contribute to
How to Apply:
EPCOR only accepts resumes via on-line application at www.epcor.com/careers. If you choose to submit your resume by any other means, we cannot guarantee that your application will be considered.
Thank you for your interest in a career with EPCOR. Due to the large volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
EPCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Positions are filled by means of open competition where the selection is based on job-related skills, training, experience, suitability and, where appropriate, seniority.
Please note that all EPCOR positions are subject to a criminal records check.
To apply for this competition go to IRC35176, application deadline January 13, 2017.