Under the direction and leadership of the Manager, Corporate Reporting, we are seeking a Senior Corporate Accountant to join our ATCO Power Finance department in Calgary, AB. The Senior Corporate Accountant will be part of a small team responsible for all aspects of reporting consolidated financial results to various internal customers and ATCO Group. The Senior Corporate Accountant will be responsible for various internal and external reporting activities and will co-ordinate with and assist other team members to achieve the reporting requirements.
- Upload Oracle financial information for Canadian and International operations into the Hyperion Financial Management (HCM) consolidation software application
- Responsible for preparing monthly consolidation of ATCO Power in HCM consolidation system
- Identify and resolve areas for preparing adjusting and elimination entries in HFM. Adjust any classification of financials results in accordance with IFRS in particular cash flow impacts of tax, interest paid and received, capital expenditures, and other transactions
- Responsible for providing maintenance support to HFM and expertise in accommodating new projects or new accounting standards in HFM to ensure accuracy of consolidation in accordance with IFRS
- Responsible for preparing quarterly and annual detailed (disclosure) reporting packages and the financial statement notes
- Responsible for preparing and/or reviewing consolidated or joint venture quarterly unaudited and annual audited financial statements
- Liaise with the Senior Management team and the Investor Relations group around the preparation and disclosure of the Management Disclosure and Analysis and the Annual Information Form
- Reporting of financial and operational information to directors, executives, and ATCO Group
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for management including variance analysis
- Review and approve the consolidation package for International locations
- Prepare the consolidation and convert results to IFRS and Canadian Dollars.
- Participate in business development meetings and at times prepare materials for meetings
- Responsible for leading the implementation of ATCO Group IFRS initiatives.
- Research accounting issues prepare and present position papers.
- Review contracts and participate in discussions on new developments from a technical accounting perspective
- A minimum of five to seven years of experience in an accounting environment
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce or Business with a major in Accounting or Finance
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation is required
- Corporate accounting consolidation experience within a multi-national company
- Corporate accounting experience of numerous tasks within a head office of a large and preferably public company
- Experience with large enterprise applications such Oracle and Hyperion
- Executing tasks in compliance with Canadian SOX internal controls over financial reporting
- Strong working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, presentation and communication skills required to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to deadlines and accuracy
- Experience in Oracle Financial Systems and Hyperion would be an asset
- Advanced Excel skills are preferred
- Experience in mentoring and coaching staff
If you are interested in this position, please apply on our website today!
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a Security Clearance Check.
Collection, use and retention of personal information will be in accordance with ATCO Group privacy policies and practices.
By submitting your resume and personal information to the ATCO Group of Companies, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by the ATCO Group of Companies to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the ATCO Group of Companies.