We are currently looking for a Financial Accountant to join our team in Edmonton. This position will report to the Director of Finance & IT and will be responsible for supporting and monitoring the day-to-day general accounting, including accounts payable and accounts receivable activities. This position ensures that accounting procedures conform to accounting standards and legislation.
- Assist and support Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable personnel.
- Perform daily bank reconciliations for Canadian funds.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations for US funds.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepare timely month end financial statements and ensure accuracy.
- Participate in monthly variance analyses and discussions.
- Assist with year-end preparation.
- Key player in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Prepare and develop various reports to assist the Director of Finance & IT as required.
- Review accounting processes within scope and provide suggestions for improvement where applicable.
- Enrolled and actively pursuing a CPA designation or newly CPA designated.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of direct experience with general accounting and reporting.
- Solid understanding of accounting processes and full cycle accounting.
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
- All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office software, Excel Pivot Tables and V-Lookup is a must.
- Experience with Microsoft AX 2012 an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills in dealing with different levels of stakeholders.
- Strong time management skills in working under tight deadlines with multiple priorities.
- Aptitude toward attention to detail and accuracy without losing sight of the big picture.
- Demonstrates professional demeanour and has strong ethical standards.
- Advanced problem analysis and problem-resolution skills.
- Self-motivated and takes pride in getting the job done right and on time.
- Possess initiative and ability to work well within a team environment as well as work independently.
- Confidential and trustworthy.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits package and RRSP program
- Opportunity for Training and Development