The Financial Analyst role will provide a high level of competence in analyzing the financial operating performance of the company. Must have a passion for understanding the business through numbers and Key Performance Indicators.
- Prepare reports on the financial and operational performance of the Canadian business unit through the utilization of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) with a moderate to advanced complexity
- Compile, interpret and analyze financial and operating data for the business unit and prepare appropriate reporting. Gather strategic insights from financial and operational information for interpretation and communication to management
- Develop end do end cost and profitability analysis including modelling/forecasting and post job analysis (budget to actual analysis)
- Complete and assist with the interpretation of business unit results reporting. Assist in the development of qualitative explanations supported by financial information and business metrics
- Conduct regular and ad-hoc analysis of business performance to assist in business development
- Maintain a solid understanding of systems to support analysis and reporting
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures that impact/support both operational and financial reporting
- Provide assistance and reporting to ongoing financial statement close with a strong focus on accuracy and timelines
- Participate in quarterly inventory counts from a financial control perspective, reconciliation and variance resolution
- Provide support for other departments and corporate wide initiatives
- This role will require travel to other business locations.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or economics from a recognized institution
- Completion of or working toward completion of an accounting/finance designation is preferred
- Minimum 4 years of experience in related role or equivalent
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge in familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics – NAV or AX, Jet Reports, SharePoint, and Office is desirable. Intermediate to advanced Excel skill are required.
- Detail-orientated, engaged, technically and analytically inclined
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written; capable of communicating effectively and with all levels within the organization
- A proactive approach to problem solving with an attention to detail and focus on teamwork.