Our client, a well-established professional services firm based in Downtown Halifax, has an immediate full-time opening for an Accounting Manager. Reporting to a Controller and managing a large team of Accounting Specialists, the Accounting Manager’s responsibilities will include the following;
• Coordinating accounting activities, reconciliation, audits, accounts receivable, accounts payable, project and general accounting.
• Supporting the accounts receivable process, ensuring revenue and billings are recorded accurately.
• Participating in the preparation and analysis of various financial reports.
• Responsible for data integrity and compiling data for special assignments and documents.
• Assisting in analyzing and reviewing budget submissions.
• Ensuring compliance with financial policies and procedures.
• Interfacing with team members for accounting issues.
• Assisting the Managers with accounting issues.
• Assisting in improving customer and team member satisfaction ratings.
• Fostering and developing an environment complies with internal company policies and that is consistent with the companies Vision, Mission and Values.
• Complying with the quality assurance program and ensuring delivery of the services meets or exceeds the requirements as set out in the contract, and standard operating procedures.
You are a designated accounting professional (or are actively enrolled in the CPA program) and have 4+ years of relevant experience. Our client is looking to meet candidates coming from the professional services, project accounting sector including engineering, legal, advertising, etc. A proven track record of building high performance teams is critical to be success in this role. Strong technical skills both accounting and systems are important. Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to effectively communicate information both up and down in an organization are essential.
If this is an opportunity that you are interested in and you have the appropriate background, please email your resume to the attention of Bruce Simon at firstname.lastname@example.org referencing file No. 05050-0008974822 in the subject line.