Take the next step in your accounting career at Edmonton Public Library (EPL)! EPL is looking for an enthusiastic and reliable team player to support the operational accounting activities at the Library. We offer competitive compensation, an excellent benefits and pension plan and an earned day off program. This position would be ideal for a junior level professional.
As the Financial Accounting Coordinator, you will be responsible for tangible asset accounting; deferred revenues; developing monthly financial reports; reviewing accounts receivable, accounts payable and cash accounting transactions; preparing monthly bank and other reconciliation reports; problem solving customer issues; and identifying business process improvements. You will be the lead in training staff and customers on business processes. You will also provide support to special projects, support the compilation of EPL budgets and contribute to the development and coordination of year-end financial working papers and draft financial statements.
As the ideal candidate, you thrive under pressure and are able to independently manage work priorities and follow through on meeting deadlines. You have excellent customer service skills and have the ability to communicate effectively with customers and staff. Your understanding of Public Sector Accounting standards will be well-utilized in performing financial accounting and reporting activities for EPL.
- Related degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Enrollment in the Chartered Professional Accountant certification program (working towards designation) is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of recent, related accounting experience is required.
- Experience using SAP financial systems is an asset.
$32.02 - $40.88 per hour*
*Approximately $58,509 to $74,687 per annum based on a 35 hour work week.
- Candidates with less than 3 year’s experience may be considered at a lower classification and salary level.
- Satisfactory background screening is required for this position which includes a Criminal Record Check/Police Information Check.
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday, 35 hours per week
Closing Date: January 08, 2017
To apply: For more information about this position and other careers available at the Edmonton Public Library, please visit epl.ca/careers and apply online. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.