Small practice in the South of Calgary that delivers a comprehensive range of accounting, assurance and taxation services to meet our clients’ personal and business needs. With a proven ability to take initiative and the motivation to produce high quality work, the successful candidate for this position will be responsible for file preparation of compilation, review and audit engagements as well as personal and corporate tax. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills and an excellent professional communication ability, with an interest in working in a smaller firm.
- Corporate year-end work for small and medium-sized enterprises including notices to reader and assurance engagements (particularly reviews,) which includes completion of working paper files, draft financial statements, corporate tax returns and in some cases additional filing such as T4s, T5s and GST returns.
- Assurance engagements for non-profits (particularly audits,) which includes completion of working paper files, draft financial statements and related returns (charity returns or T2 information returns).
- Preparation, review and client advice on personal, corporate and trust tax returns.
- Provide support to clients on general questions regarding year-end and bookkeeping issues.
- Effective communication with our clients, with government agencies and with staff.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong analytical skills and motivated to produce high quality work.
- Self-confidence and maturity with strong client relations skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time-management abilities and self-motivation.
- Ability to prioritize workload and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks.
- The ability to use CaseWare, ProFile, QuickBooks, Simply/Sage Accounting, Microsoft Office – Excel and Word would be beneficial and quick learning of additional software programs is important.
Education and Experience:
- Chartered Professional Accountant Designation or finalist.
- Recent CPA graduate (or finalist) or 1st year associate // 3 to 5 years public practice is desired.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter.