The Shell Canada Tax Team is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Advisor, Tax Audits & Litigation. Reporting to the Manager, Tax Audits & Litigation, the Advisor will assist on a variety of complex and material issues at all stages of the dispute resolution processes and will independently manage less complex assignments.
- Oversight of ongoing domestic audit issues through the complete audit lifecycle including providing relevant documentation, explanations, and developing positions to support the tax filings.
- Assistance with complex international/transfer pricing issues under audit or competent authority proceedings.
- Assistance with litigation issues.
- Effective team player on Tax and cross-functional teams. Act as Project Manager on issues requiring input from the businesses and functions, locally or internationally.
- Ability to evaluate tax risks, balance risk with business objectives, and make recommendations that are objective, practical, technically appropriate, and supportive of the business.
- Conduct tax research to actively participate in analyzing, interpreting and representing tax positions.
- Provide input into corporate tax accounting matters.
- Actively manage competing deadlines and priorities.
- Manage, liaise with and develop Canada offshore tax team.
- Bachelor's degree with a Master's degree/advanced graduate diploma in taxation or completion of the CPA In-Depth Tax Course.
- Minimum ten (10) years of Canadian tax experience in a large multinational company or an accounting firm.
- Recognized accounting certification (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) preferred.
- Proven experience in all facets of income tax dispute resolution.
- Proven understanding of the principles of international taxation and accounting standards, including experience in income tax accounting.
- Proven ability to adapt to new or changing circumstances and ambiguous or pressured situations.
- Fully proficient in Microsoft suite.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply to this posting please follow attached link: https://krb-sjobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=30030&siteid=5798&jobid=985425
Or visit Shell Careers.ca