Job Category: Finance
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Work Contract: Reg Full-Time (K1)
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Apply now and we will walk you through the online application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested in this employment opportunity tell a friend.
At Cameco, we are committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of the communities we operate in. We promote employment equity and encourage candidates to voluntarily disclose during the application process if they are a member of a designated group (i.e. women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities). In addition, Cameco is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and working environment. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise the representative of any accommodation measures that would be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be address confidentially.
Position and Responsibilities
Cameco, one of the world's largest uranium mining companies, has an exciting opportunity to join a strong senior management team as director of corporate tax. In this role you will lead the tax team to deliver the strategy and execution required for the company's domestic and international taxes in alignment with corporate goals and objectives. The tax team is a group of skilled professionals responsible for all aspects of tax reporting, tax planning, dispute resolution and general management of tax issues in a multinational business environment.
As the director, you will also lead the team's relationship management with internal and external stakeholders to understand the business and enhance the effectiveness of information flow, processes, tools and systems. Your success will be in the accurate and timely completion of tax related deliverables and the comprehensive translation of business initiatives into the tax arena through effective leadership of your team.
Education and Qualifications
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting; Master's degree preferred
- Experienced corporate tax practitioner with 15 plus years of experience, preferably with a multi-national corporation
- A minimum of five years of experience at a senior management level
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation
- CPA in-depth tax course
- Comfortable and effective providing leadership in a highly dynamic business and tax environment
- Expert knowledge of Canadian tax and a strong understanding of U.S. and international tax requirements and issues
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, mentor and lead
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
Req ID #: 25366
Posted: January 10, 2017
Posting end date: February 9, 2017
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all positions at safety sensitive sites must take and pass a substance test as a condition of employment.