Surerus Murphy Joint Venture (SMJV) is currently looking for an Accounting Manager that is responsible for the overall management of the accounting department in the organization.
- Lead the implementation of Explorer Construction Software and the development of business process procedures for the Company and ensure consistency with Murphy and Surerus processes.
- Develop and implement internal controls for the Company.
- Develop monthly and board reports for executive team for the Company.
- Develop an efficient process between the Company partners to ensure accurate, timely and consistent flow of information between Murphy and Surerus.
- Ensure accounting and tax requirements of the Company are delivered.
- Perform month-end and year-end close process.
Note: In addition to these duties personnel are required to carry out such other duties as may be reasonably required in order to support the objectives of the Company.
- CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant) Designation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is considered an asset.
- 8 - 10 years of experience as an Accountant or similar position.
- 2 - 3 years of experience at the management level.
- Public practice experience considered an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE).
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative when there is limited structure or direction.
- Critical thinking, logical analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (advanced Excel).
SMJV offers a supportive work environment where hard work and a positive attitude are rewarded.
Our values Never Harm, Trust, Integrity and Assured Delivery guide everything we do, from the initial planning phase to project completion. Zero incidents is the primary goal. In addition, SMJV is committed to protecting the environment and to building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with Aboriginal communities. This position is office based and works at our office location in Calgary.
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
SMJV thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply click on this link: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=UP132
(or enter the url into your browser)