We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to ensure complete and accurate financial reporting with respect to ASEBP’s third party administration (TPA) and spending account services. This includes ongoing monitoring and review of monthly reports, ad hoc data analysis including data reconciliations and reports, and preparation of quarterly and annual financial reports for presentation to executive.
The successful candidate holds their Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation and has a thorough knowledge of financial systems and reporting.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform monthly data reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly experience reports that are provided to TPA clients and stakeholders.
- Prepare annual financial statements.
- Investigate and respond to any ad hoc requests from partners, external consultants and internal stakeholders as required.
- Prepare quarterly working papers and financial reports as they relate to third party and spending accounts for presentation to management.
- Create and maintain process documentation, policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance to Junior Financial Analyst and Individual Account Administrator in their day to day activities, as well as review and approve work prepared.
- Conduct chart of accounts review and updates as necessary to ensure it continues to facilitate the financial reporting requirements.
- Coordinate tasks and reporting to ensure all third party and spending account finance tasks and reporting periods are being met.
- Contribute to various working groups as an accounting subject matter expert as it relates to third party administrative services and provide deliverables and information as required.
Your Education and Experience
- Completion of a university degree and a CPA designation.
- Five or more years of related experience.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Excel.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- The ability to organize work flow and priorities to meet varied needs and requests.
- Strong interpersonal and customer services skill with an ability to communicate with various stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal skills, including the ability to effectively communicate financial terms and processes to a varied audience.
- Experience with financial management systems and an ability to work with multiple systems.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP experience considered an asset.
- Benefits and/or insurance experience considered an asset.
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume by Wednesday, February 15, quoting competition number #17-16 to:
Human Resource Services
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.