Chief Financial Officer – Greater Victoria, B.C.
Our client has a unique and exciting opportunity for an exceptional Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join a dynamic and growing organization! Longview Aviation Capital Inc. is a leading investor in the Canadian Aviation Industry and is parent to Viking Air Ltd., Longview Aviation Asset Management and Pacific Sky Aviation, among other aviation assets.
The CFO’s key responsibilities will include:
- Directing and overseeing all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization and provide financial leadership in the development and continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Providing advice and guidance on the financial implications of business activities to tactically and strategically enhance both performance and business opportunities.
- Providing support to the organization in terms of potential future investments and M&A activity.
- Managing processes for financial forecasting, analysis, budgets, consolidation and reporting.
- Taking a hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, enhancing and maintaining a comprehensive reporting system.
- Providing financial leadership in cash flow and risk management.
- Delivering and executing corporate structuring, integration and reorganizations.
In addition to a Canadian accounting designation and 10+ years of finance and accounting leadership experience in an operational multi-company consolidated environment, the successful candidate will have strong technical reporting and accounting experience and abilities. You are skilled at budgeting, forecasting, financial planning and analysis, business case development, modeling and analysis and decision support. You also have a strong background in finance, risk management and controls. Ideally you will have a strong business structuring background. You are systems savvy at the user level including advanced excel skills. You have experience of successfully working with boards and key stakeholders.
You thrive in a dynamic growth environment of multiple deadlines and changing priorities. You are politically astute and a superb communicator with a proven track record as a change agent, of collaborating and forming relationships and partnerships at all levels, and of working and communicating with financial and non-financial stakeholders and managers. You have a high degree of integrity, a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation and thrive in an environment of constant change and evolution. You are equally comfortable and effective working at a strategic level and rolling up your sleeves at the tactical and detail level.
This is a unique opportunity to play a key leadership role in the ongoing success and growth of an organization with a positive and “ego-less” working culture and strong core values. The role offers an attractive compensation and benefits package. The role will be based in Sidney, B.C. Relocation assistance will be provided to the Greater Victoria area if required for the successful candidate. Some travel required.
If this sounds like a role you would thrive in, please submit your resume and detailed cover letter outlining your fit for and interest in the role in confidence, online at: http://tinyurl.com/CFO-Longview-30553. To learn more about the role, please contact Trish Brydon of WMC at (604) 443-3714.