Competition: 17-07 Trust Fund Analyst, Financial Services
Position Type: Full-time, Temporary to July 31, 2018 (Union)
Classification: Technical Professional III
Salary Range: $67,140.00 – $81,024.00
APS is recruiting for a Trust Fund Analyst.
Reporting to the Manager, Trust Fund Accounting, this individual is responsible for performing a variety of tasks relating to the accounting and processing of pension plan transactions, and for providing support to other areas and team members within the Financial Services business area.
- Accounting knowledge, understanding of pension terms and procedures.Sound knowledge of Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS) is required to perform the job functions described above.
- Exposure to a computerized accounting environment is required.
- Familiarity with electronic banking systems.
- Experience working in a pension or benefit environment.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Knowledge and experience with Great Plains, Microsoft Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and IMAGIS systems is preferred.
- Strong computer skills – mechanized general ledger applications, Excel, Word, Power Point;
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal;
- Good organizational skills and time management skills are necessary; and
- Strong attention to detail and focus on delivery and deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and reconcile;
- Advanced Excel knowledge (e.g. Pivot tables);
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment as needed;
- Able to deal with uncertainty, and have a bias towards action;
- Ability to build strong working relationships;
- University Degree or Accounting Diploma with at least 4 years of directly related experience
- Professional accounting designation (CPA)
The detailed job description can be viewed here.
APS offers a comprehensive and flexible benefit package.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Each submission needs to clearly indicate the competition number of the position you are applying for.