Job Title: Senior Operating Cost Analyst
Req #: 32761
Business Unit: Liquids Pipelines
Department: 10000468 - FIN LP Operating Costs
Education Experience: Bachelor's Required
Employment Experience: 4 or more years of experience
Travel: No Travel
Position Type: Regular Full-Time Employee Position
Salary Grade: 6
Hiring Leader: Brenda L Rijavec
For EPI entity’s HR segments and select Enterprise-wide HR segments, co-ordinates the establishment and maintenance of accounting and General Ledger processes and procedures to ensure appropriate governance structures are in place over the financial results of the area. Understands relevant accounting policies and ensures that execution is in compliance with regulatory/taxation legislation and Generally Accepted Accounting Practices. Involved in the establishment & maintenance of internal financial reporting control processes to produce monthly management financial reporting that ensure customer information requirements are met in terms of quality, relevance, timeliness and GAAP. Understands all accounting process changes and reviews any opportunities for improvement.
- General Ledger: Review of all the sub ledgers related to EPI HR and select Enterprise segments, at month end to ensure the completeness of the costs.
- Adheres to month-end timetable.
- Review of every operating account (ensuring adherence to GAAP plus production of required documentation for SOX compliance).
- Co-ordinates Day 1 to Day 5 activities ensuring completion of specific accountabilities and deliverables associated with each day.
- Financial Reporting: Preparation of HR, working papers to send into Controller’s group for compiling of FPR, Bottom Line, plus quarter external reporting within specific deadlines.
- Prepare the analysis of financial reports for review by Supervisor Op Costs, Manager, Controller and HR Specialist – Strategic Development.
- Ensure all financial reports are in line with our contractual agreements and that the proper information is captured (including variance analysis to budget and forecast) to aid management in decision making.
- Financial Budgeting and Forecasting: Coordination of HR segments, to compile yearly budget and monthly forecasts.
- Prepare the review of forecasted expected results on an annualized bases based on current year to date cost profiles.
- HR Project Controls/Project Reporting – administer, analyze and monitor the various project reporting elements used by HR to manage annual priority projects including: Statement of Work, Quarterly reporting, and annual year end reports.
- Other Accountabilities:
- Support the development and management of processes for the accounting of HR cost centers including coordinating documentation of intercompany balancing process. Liaison with HR managers to ensure proper application of process; review and signoff of discrepancy resolution.
- Support Workforce planning activities by providing reporting and analysis of workforce data as required.
- Coordinates with HR employees, managers, to ensure complete and accurate information.
- Any other duties or tasks as assigned.
- Related University or College degree.
- Near Completion of a Professional Accounting Designation.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years post-degree experience in an accounting environment.
- Uncompromising sense of integrity and high ethical standards.
- Working knowledge of Khalix / Oracle Financials.
- Strong Oral and written communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- Sound knowledge of and ability to apply Canadian/U.S./International accounting, auditing, tax and regulatory standards and principles.
- Strong problem solving skills and strong orientation to customer service.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills combined with a results oriented business approach.
- Share our core values of Integrity, Safety and Respect.
Safety Critical Position: No
Additional Posting Locations:
Industry: Energy, Oil & Gas
Posting Closing Date: March 22, 2017
Only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted. Salary and job level will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Enbridge is a global leader in the safe and reliable delivery of energy in North America. We are proud to be recognized as one of the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World and one of the Ten Best Companies to Work for 2016.
Enbridge is an equal opportunity employer.
Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.