- Oversee the daily operation of the accounting department including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank and other reconciliations, intercompany, fixed assets as well as payroll activities.
- Mentor and develop department staff through leadership, performance management, and talent mapping.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of month-end financials and oversee month-end and year-end closing processes.
- Prepare annual budgets and financial forecasts in collaboration with managers.
- Prepare budget variance reports and work with each manager to develop action plans to address deficiencies.
- Perform detailed financial analysis using advanced Excel and data modelling skills.
- Maintain and update documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist with strengthening internal controls and risk management practices.
- Maintain proper cash management and other treasury functions.
- Support the maintenance and communication of corporate KPIs.
- Actively track and communicate corporate benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of all corporate entities.
- Prepare and submit periodic regulatory filings to WCB, Revenue Canada and other entities and ensure regulatory compliance
- Engage in a professional and knowledgeable manner with key stakeholders including investors, board members, customers, vendors, and lenders.
- Conduct annual general meetings with investors and other key stakeholders.
- Explore opportunities for continuous improvement with accounting systems, processes, and internal controls.
Undergraduate degree specialized in business, accounting or finance. CPA Designation with 7-10 years’ experience in a leadership or management position. The successful applicant will operate with a strong set of values and have analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills to evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations on business related issues. Strong written and oral communications skills are required. Strong knowledge of the CPA Canada Handbook and Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE), and internal controls within a construction services organization would be considered an asset.
A&H Steel offers competitive wages based on experience, a flexible benefits program, opportunities for advancement and a great team environment.
If you’re looking for a great work environment with a company that offers more to their employees, please submit resumes by email to email@example.com.