PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Finance Business Partner is a strategic leader who will work with Operations leadership to identify and action opportunities to improve the short and long- term financial performance of their respective areas. As the primary liaison between Operations and Finance, building strong relationships is critical to success.
This position reports to the Director Finance Business Partners within the Financial Analysis & Planning team.
- Build partnerships and maintain strong relationships with Operations leaders and their teams;
- Deliver insight that links financial reports to business strategies;
Facilitate discussions between Operations in order to optimize decision making, and drive value;
Facilitate financial reporting, by providing insight and guidance while advancing complex concerns, and resolving issues;
Advise on budgeting, costing and financial analysis to meet business objectives;
Advise on and support business cases as they progress through the investment analysis process;
Coach Finance on insightful analyses that can be easily understood by non-financial managers;
Ongoing focus on continuous improvement;
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field required;
5 to 10 years work experience in transportation, or manufacturing industry;
- Previous railroad or other operations related experience would be considered an asset;
- Ability to communicate to all levels in the organization and influence cross-functionally to achieve strategic business objectives;
- Exceptional problem-solving/analytical skills;
Ability to drill down, understand root cause and resolve complex issues;
Strong attention to detail;
Travel as required to support operations partners.
In order to support Operations this position requires a working knowledge of railroad operations, and as such is required to:
- Must be or become a qualified Railroad Conductor or Locomotive Engineer;
- Must be or become and maintain rules qualifications (CROR - Canadian Rail Operating Rules).
Please note that only those applicants that apply online at www.cpr.ca/en/careers/ to Requisition number 56024 by March 19, 2017 will be considered for this position.