We are seeking a strategic leader to guide the development and alignment of business and financial strategies required to achieve the outcomes envisioned in The City’s 2015-2018 Action Plan and to meet the objectives and targets for financial performance set by City Council. The framework for success is contained within a complex and political environment in which the Manager will need to balance innovation, performance and risk. The key strategic areas that the position will oversee are: Corporate financial reporting including tangible capital assets, financial integrity of the City’s pension and benefits programs, and internal control and risk management.
The Finance Manager, Corporate Financial Reporting will lead The City’s response to changes in financial legislation and regulations ensuring compliance with Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants and Public Sector Accounting Standards and will oversee development of policies, systems and procedures that support strong financial control and reporting processes. This position will support the organization to integrate approaches impacting its strategic financial direction that are aligned with Council direction, emerging business needs and sustainable outcomes.
As an active member of the Finance management team, the manager will contribute to the creation and execution of plans that enhance the business unit’s effectiveness and responsiveness to customers and stakeholders. The position provides leadership and support to five team leads, coaching them and working together to create the conditions for divisional employees to be fully engaged in their work and deliver optimal service and results. The Manager will create a line of sight for employees that link their results with Finance and Supply’s business plans.
- A degree in Business, Public Administration, or a related field and a professional accounting designation such as Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified General Accountant (CGA), Chartered Accountant (CA), or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA). A minimum of 10 years experience.
- Successful performance in this position requires demonstrated abilities in the following areas: strategic leadership, people leadership, and management capability.
- A commitment to service delivery that considers the needs of customers is essential.
- Additionally, understanding how to achieve results in a complex organization and political environment in a way that builds and maintains confidence, trust and relationships is required.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.