We are enthusiastically looking to add a full-time Financial Controller to our team that is based in downtown Edmonton. The ideal candidate will oversee the entire payroll, AR, AP, project cost tracking, cash flow management, and financial reporting processes. This role will report directly to the General Manager and President and will be instrumental in developing best practices for payroll, AP, AR, and generating relevant financial information for management.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage all accounting operations including payroll, billing, A/R, and A/P
- Maintain general ledgers
- Payroll reconciliation
- Monthly bank reconciliation
- Prepare and submit periodic regulatory filings to Revenue Canada and other entities
- Troubleshoot client issues
- Document financial transactions
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports for management.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
Experience and skill set requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Commerce majoring in accounting
- 4 - 5 years’ accounting/payroll experience
- CPA designation is an asset
- Solid Microsoft Office application skills
- Proficient with QuickBooks and/or Sage products.
- Ability to maintain confidential financial information
- Proficient knowledge of provincial and federal government reporting requirements
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Extremely well organized with a meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability engage with employees and clients in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
We are committed to developing our people by providing ongoing training opportunities and rewarding performance that exceeds expectations. We provide our employees with a progressive work environment, encouraging an entrepreneurial approach to business coupled with the opportunity for success.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their application; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.