As part of a purpose-driven, innovative and growing company, the Senior Accountant will have a broad range of functions focused on continuous improvement. The position will report directly to the Director of Finance and while key responsibilities revolve around daily accounting transactions of the company, the role will require diverse skills including guiding and coaching junior team members.
- Prepare monthly and year-end financial statements.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual presentations to senior management.
- Perform a variety of day-to-day accounting activities including general ledger account reconciliation, closing procedures, accrual and month end journal entries.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual GST returns.
- Bank deposits and bank reconciliation.
- Coordinate daily banking processes.
- Support annual audit and tax return filings.
- Assist other accounting staff members and groups as required.
- Practice continuous improvement by analyzing internal processes and being alert for innovative opportunities in daily work.
- Accounting or Finance degree.
- Minimum of 5 years general accounting experience.
- CPA designation or working towards the designation.
- Advanced level knowledge of QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Familiarity with foreign exchange, US sales tax, multi-currency and cross border transactions considered an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.