Corporate Accounting Supervisor
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively to management, working partners and external accountants and auditors.
- Able to independently handle full set of accounts for financial reporting of a junior E & D company including oil & gas production accounting.
- Build effective working relationships with management, administration, operating staffs and service provider contacts, and respond effectively to management’s requests on financial reporting and involvements in ad hoc projects.
- Manage daily accounting and financial activities including preparing, controls and executions.
- Prepare periodic financial and operating analysis, accounting / auditing working papers for internal and external financial statements and tax returns
- Prepare internal management reports; operating and capital budgeting as required.
- Participate in ad hoc projects, if required
Education and Professional Skills and experience:
- Professional accounting designation with 3-5 years post-qualification experience along with expansive accounting/auditing working knowledge and experience in Canadian oil & gas industry GAAP including IFRS. Public company’s exposure including IPO and M & A experience is an asset.
- Excellent personal relationship skills and effective communication.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office suite (Word and Excel, PowerPoint), QuickBooks.
- Good working experience on the use of Energylink, Q-bytes, Pandell software.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- High level of proficiency in listening, speaking and writing in Mandarin is required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High values in teamwork, client/customer service and professionalism