If you are interested in a career in public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, the AGLC is looking for you!
Reporting to the Manager, Compliance Audit, as an Auditor 2, you would be responsible for auditing licensees to ensure they are in compliance with the Gaming and Liquor Act, Gaming and Liquor Regulations, Board Directives, and AGLC Terms and Conditions and Operating Guidelines. The audits are conducted on AGLC licenses entities (traditional and Host First Nation charities and liquor licensees), requests from Alberta Culture or internal AGLC branches.
The key objectives of this position are to protect the integrity of Alberta’s gaming model, ensure that the gaming funds are properly accounted for and used for eligible purposes, and liquor licensees are complaint with the Gaming Liquor Act and Regulations.
To ensure success, you will be expected to plan and prioritize workloads, manage work flow and work well under pressure to meet critical deadlines, display professionalism and multitasking abilities in coordinating various audit initiatives.
• University Degree, preferably in Commerce (accounting major), Business Administration or a related field.
• Currently working towards a CPA accounting designation
• Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in an auditing field, preferably in a regulatory environment.
• Related accounting/auditing designation, such as a CFE or CIA would be a definite asset.
• Strong analytical, communication, and problem solving skills
NOTE: This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.