Reporting to the Plant Controller, the Production Accountant is primarily responsible for ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. This position will be based in Edmonton, AB.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Costs out projects and business initiatives.
- Provides oversight for cost variances for specific products.
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Analyzing changes in product offerings, raw materials, growing methods or value add services, to determine effects on cost.
- Evaluations of potato crop yields.
- Administrates cost reports.
- Posting of production consumption in NAV.
- Processes reports and reviews on-floor production reporting.
- Supports inventory management.
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger.
- Acts as a liaison with vendors regarding costing and keeps records of all costs.
- Assists with other accounting tasks at times.
- Performs other tasks as directed by the Plant Controller and Plant Manager.
- Conducts physical inventory counts and monitors cycle count program.
- Reconciles stock and finished goods inventories.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accounting Designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) is required.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years’ experience in accounting, preferably in a managerial accounting role.
- Experience within commercial agriculture industry an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics an asset.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations.
- Data entry skills.
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers and employees in a professional manner.
- Organization and planning.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving.
- Strong team player, works well in a collaborative environment.
The Little Potato Company is an innovative, fast-growing company in a unique niche market. Our future looks very bright, and so could yours. Not yet passionate about potatoes? No worries – it’s infectious around here.
We’ve worked hard to build an award-winning workplace where people feel like a family. If you share our people-centered values, we’d love to talk.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Interested candidates, please submit your resume and cover letter to Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.