Family Centre invites applications for the permanent, full-time (35 hours per week) position of Finance And Office Manager, a senior management position.
The successful applicant will be a Chartered Professional Accountant in good standing with at least five years of relevant work experience. The successful applicant will possess strong team leadership and management skills, understand and appreciate not-for-profit organizations and their operating environment, make decisions within a strong ethical framework, work with diligence towards multiple deadlines, and possess exceptional bookkeeping and financial reporting skills. Family Centre is an accredited service provider and ongoing quality improvement planning is a cornerstone of Family Centre’s organizational framework, so experience with process improvements would be a definite asset. The successful incumbent will integrate effectively within a work culture that is characterized by positivity, strong relationships, inclusion, and authenticity.
The key job duties for this position include:
- Perform day to day processing of financial transactions to ensure that finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner in accordance with Family Centre policies and procedures, and relevant accounting standards.
- Report regularly to Family Centre’s Finance Committee, and prepare related financial information for review and discussion.
- Complete payroll functions in order to ensure Family Centre staff are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide all financial functions and planning at Family Centre, including budgeting, audit preparation, internal and external financial reporting, including contract and grant performance reporting.
- Manage and supervise the team of Administration, Data Entry, and Front Desk staff. This team of three individuals plays a key role in providing information and effective referrals to members of the public, one of the five key pillars of every Parent Link Centre in Alberta.
- Oversee the maintenance and upkeep of Family Centre’s downtown facility to keep it clean, safe, accessible, and welcoming.
The anticipated start date for this position is May 15, 2017 to provide an overlap period of six weeks with the exiting Finance and Office Manager for job shadowing and orientation during a time when Family Centre undergoes its annual financial audit.
As a condition of employment, a current First Aid Certificate, a clean Criminal Record Check including the vulnerable sector (within 6 months) and a clean Child and Family Services Intervention Record Check (within 6 months) will be required. The successful candidate must have a class 5 driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle. The annual salary for this position starts at $60,000.
To apply, please forward a cover letter and resume in electronic format by April 18, 2017 via email to:
Please visit www.famcentre.ca for more information about Family Centre.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.