The Senior Financial Accountant is directly involved, and manages and directs the accounting staff with departmental responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, manufacturing and operational productivity and variance analysis, payroll, commission and royalty payments, full accounting services, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures, financial and tax reporting (Canada & USA), reconciling account balances and bank statements. The Senior Financial Accountant is expected to combine excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts, financial profitability analysis and other special projects as assigned.
The selection for this position will be a multi-step process. The first step is for you to provide written responses to the questions below in a Word Document, with your name, contact information, and date included:
- What is your experience with a manufacturing job costing system (or some type of production/plant/operation system) and other related key financial and accounting requirements?
- What did you learn from this experience that you would bring to Araam?
- Describe the core capabilities and competencies (skills and experience) that you will bring to this position?
- What experience have you had in managing a small finance & accounting team?
- Provide an example when you had to go above and beyond your normal duties to get the job done?
- How would you summarize yourself, in 3 words?
Please email your answers to the above questions attention Tom Keogh, VP Operations, E: email@example.com