Universal Geomatics Solutions Corp. is an employee-owned, high-performance, progressive consultancy providing comprehensive surveys, geomatics, and project management services to a variety of industries since 1986.
At U.G.S.C. our core purpose is helping those around us succeed. Our people drive us forward; we strive to hire, train, and retain smart, driven individuals. U.G.S.C.'s diverse work force creates an exciting and dynamic team atmosphere. We empower through education and training, recognize excellence, and challenge each other.
Join our team and see your opportunities made real.
Universal Geomatics Solutions Corp. is seeking a Payroll Coordinator to join our collaborative team.
- Process semi-monthly payroll for all salaried and hourly employees.
- Compile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, insurance, RRSP’s and other deductions.
- Extract timesheets and review work hours for completeness and accuracy, and ensure all hours are categorized and allocated to the correct cost centres.
- Follow payroll procedures for terminated employees.
- Administer benefit and RRSP payments.
- Stay current with payroll regulations, standards and work methods.
- Reconcile payroll totals and ensure all deductions to health benefit plan and RRSP are made as scheduled and liaise with service providers to ensure funds are transferred as appropriate.
- Ensure the creation and timely distribution of T4s.
- Comply with government remittance requirements and employment and labour standards legislation.
- Participates regularly and actively in all aspects of the health and safety program as outlined by the Health and Safety Department.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- General accounting/bookkeeping experience considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of payroll systems, internal controls, and management.
- Advanced proficiency with Sage Simply Accounting software.
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally.
- Strong knowledge of provincial and federal payroll legislation.
- Good knowledge of accounting procedures, journal entries, and bookkeeping experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Outstanding work environment that fosters safety, encourages teamwork, and challenging work opportunities.
- Career and Personal Development Opportunities.
- Comprehensive employer paid benefits package, which includes extended health, dental care, insurances (STD, LTD, Life, and AD&D), employee assistance program, and RRSP.
How to Apply
We thank you for your interest in Universal Geomatics Solutions Corp., however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.