ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Our Edmonton office is currently seeking a full-time Manager to join our Audit & Assurance Group. The successful candidate will report to the A&A partnership group, is career-focused, has 2 years post CPA designation experience and is someone that is excited to join a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial firm.
OUR CLIENTS INCLUDE:
- Automotive dealerships
- Aboriginal organizations
- Real estate
- Recreational vehicle businesses
- Professional services
- Government entities
- Non-profit organizations
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and review audit, review and compilation engagements independently and effectively
- Deliver complete product to the Partner on a timely basis
- Demonstrate understanding of client’s industry, marketplace, business trends and technical and industry developments, key performance drivers and proven ability to communicate such to the client
- Progress management of engagement teams based on audit plans, providing recommendations as required
- Identifying and resolving accounting, audit and tax issues
- Successfully delegating to all levels of staff. Providing guidance and training for staff members to enhance their career development within the firm.
- Foster positive working relationships with client personnel, co-workers
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 2+ years post CPA designation experience
- Prior experience in a mid-size preferable
- Sound knowledge of the CPA Canada Handbook, review procedures and tax compliance
- Prior experience in the industries our firm currently support considered an asset
- Excellent project management, time management and leadership skills
- An innovative thinker, comfortable in a team and client-focused environment
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal, technical and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Problem solver with solid analytical skills
- Experience in CaseWare / Caseview and TaxPrep an asset
- Experience in a paperless environment considered an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines
It is anticipated that this position would commence as soon as possible. Crowe MacKay offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Want to join our Team? Send us a cover letter outlining why you believe you are our successful candidate along with a copy of your resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line CPA Manager Position.
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. We will keep this ad posted until a suitable candidate is found.
CROWE HORWATH INTERNATIONAL
Crowe MacKay LLP is a member firm of Crowe Horwath International, ranked as the eighth largest global accounting network, consisting of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in close to 130 countries around the world. Crowe Horwath member firms are known for their local knowledge, expertise and experience balanced by an international reputation for the highest quality of service.