ACCOUNTANT – PART TIME
A local businessman requires an Accountant to handle transactions for several corporate entities and personal investments and expenditures. The position will report to the Owner and is expected to be approximately 3 days per week.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and ensure accurate and timely full cycle accounting for all designated corporations including but not limited to data entry, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, deposits, internal financial statements and analysis.
- Prepare accurate working papers for the external accountants for the preparation of yearend Financial Statements and filing of corporate T2 returns as required, for all corporate entities.
- Preparation and filing of all corporate GST returns as required.
- Prepare and ensure accurate and timely accounting of the personal accounts of the Owner including but not limited to processing invoices, preparation for payment of such invoices, all documents and billings relating to personal real estate holdings, recording of all investment transactions, including stock transactions.
- Prepare and compile information as needed for the external accountants to accurately prepare the personal T1 tax return for the Owner.
- Coordinate with other accounting personnel to reconcile account balances between the Owner and various other corporate entities.
- Ad Hoc reporting as requested.
- Any and all other related duties, responsibilities and reporting requested by the Owner.
The successful candidate will be a designated accountant with several years’ experience in a small business environment. Preference will be given to those with public practice experience.
Other qualifications include:
The ability to prioritize duties and schedule the work flow without direct supervision.
Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
The ability to accurately record and report on stock market transactions.
Extensive knowledge of Quickbooks, Excel and Outlook.
A positive attitude with the ability to be proactive in identifying and recommending opportunities for improvements that create efficiencies.
The Company offers a competitive salary which will be dependent upon the successful candidates’ experience. Benefits will commence after completion of a probation period. Alternatively, the position can be on a contract basis.
Please forward your resume with expected remuneration and availability.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.