Strong Teams | Strong Communities | Strong Future
Our Guiding Principles - Truthfulness, Fairness, Value, and Loyalty - have not changed since the day Western Financial Group was formed. The decisions we make, every day, are based on these Guiding Principles.
What does a Financial Analyst look like at Western?
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Accounting, our Financial Analyst is a member of the Corporate Finance team; which manages and leads the financial operations and provides meaningful information to the business and it’s shareholder.
To achieve success in this role you will demonstrate your ability to accurately create reports and provide financial information to Managers, Senior Leaders and our parent company in support of the financial obligations and goals of the company. You have the opportunity to be part of a collaborative and motivated team who all contribute to the achievement of business goals and targets.
- Ensure accurate and timely report creation in alignment with business unit and corporate reporting requirements
- Provide analysis on accounting processes including journal entries, consolidated financial statements, financial reports, account reconciliations, tax filings and the consolidation of multiple business unit information
- Co-ordinate with, and advise, Managers on budgeting and forecasting responsibilities
- Analyse and report on financial variances in the Income Statements and Balance Sheets for various business units
- Interpret and resolve issues raised by shared service leaders, business units and parent company
- Liaise with parent company regarding quarterly and annual reporting requirements
What does Western offer you?
- Opportunities to train and develop
- Three weeks vacation plus paid personal days
- Company-matched investment and saving programs
- Extended health and dental benefits (50% Company paid premium)
- Competitive salary and performance-based incentives
What we are looking for?
Being successful in this role requires an ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high volume workplace, while remaining highly organized, to achieve the department goals. You will demonstrate the Westerns Guiding Principles that help contribute to a positive and productive working environment.
- 5 years of accounting experience in a corporate environment, with experience in:
- the preparation and completion of Corporate Cost allocation models
- applying IFRS accounting standards
- Actual vs Budget analysis
- Cashflow analysis and forecasting
- Capitalization level analysis
- Exposure to IBM Cognos reporting an asset
- Demonstrated organization and prioritization skills in high volume environment
- Superior multi-tasking skills and the ability to work with and learn a variety of software programmes
- Working knowledge of Excel (intermediate level, pivot tables)
- High River, Alberta
- Full Time – 37.5 hours/week
- Monday - Friday schedule
How to Apply
Create a Profile | Apply | Set Job Alerts