Please note: This position is located in Fort McMurray. Candidates must be local to Fort McMurray or willing to permanently relocate.
The Controller is responsible for managing the daily operations of the accounting department, maintaining fiscal records, and preparing financial reports and managerial reports for decision making. This role reports to the Director, Finance. This position is Fort M. based.
- Transition and manage the monthly and quarterly closes, including monthly Financial Reporting package.
- Ensure general ledgers are reconciled and maintained, including the preparation of monthly working papers.
- Prepare weekly cash flow forecasts.
- Support Commercial Team on bids and proposals
- Oversee the inventory process including monthly count, costing and reconciliation.
- Prepare GST reports and other document submissions and filings; ensure all are accurate and completed in a timely manner according to Company deadlines.
- Assist in the collection of accounts receivable as required.
- Assist in the preparation of documentation and communicating with external and internal auditors
- Work with other Finance employees to ensure internal controls and audit trails are compliant with internal and external requirements.
- Monitor the progress of projects, investigate variances, approve expenses, and ensure proper account allocation and project billings are issued and payments collected.
- Preparation of annual operating and capital budgets.
- Prepare and present financial reports for the senior leadership team as required.
- Provide financial and management support to Operations and other functional areas within the organization.
- Responsible for formulating and tracking financial performance metrics.
- Ensure all financial controls and company policies are adhered to.
- Coordinate subordinate work assignments and review work to assure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with established standards, requirements and procedures.
- Supervise and manage a team of 6-10 professional accountants
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance from a financial perspective.
- Ability to create efficiencies or solutions for existing or unexpected situations.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a Finance/Accounting role, with 2 years of Supervisory experience.
- Accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA, or CPA) required.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry considered an asset.
- Must have collective agreement commercial experience.
To Apply: visit www.clearwater-energy.ca/careers