Solium Capital Inc. is fulfilling a vision of becoming the global leader in equity-based (stock) incentive and share purchase savings plan management. We specialize in the delivery of complete web-based services for the full lifecycle of equity-based incentive and savings plans. Through our technically advanced Solium Shareworks™ platform, Solium is setting the Industry's service standard for the administration and execution of all types of equity-based incentives and savings plans.
Why work at Solium
Solium is a fast-growing company where every team member is vital to success. If you have an unfailing commitment to excellence, alignment with customer interests and strong problem-solving skills, Solium welcomes your contribution to our enthusiastic team.
With offices in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Australia and Hong Kong we strive every day to work locally while thinking globally, in order to achieve service excellence.
Solium takes cultural characteristics from the industries we draw upon. We develop and maintain a sophisticated set of enterprise software products, so we embody the casual style but relentless focus that is often associated with the tech industry. But we are also a client service organization, offering support to both corporate clients and their employees. We also employ a wealth of “numbers” people, those with backgrounds in math, finance and economics. And because we are a global organization, you’ll routinely hear English, French, Spanish, Dutch, German, Cantonese and other languages spoken in our offices. Solium offices are all about diversity. What unites us is a commitment to quality. We are all passionate people who bring our best in support of a singular focus, to be the global leader in our industry.
We think in terms of what-ifs. And we answer with:
• Innovation – We create solutions and services that make the complex manageable
• Flexibility – We offer the choices that provide compliance and convenience
• Service – We demonstrate problem-solving, reliability and accuracy in everything we do for our customers
We reward our people with a competitive compensation and benefits package and a fun, flexible work environment.
- Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ - 2006 to 2010, 2012, 2014
- Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures - 2012
- Branham’s Top 5 Canadian Software-as-a-Service Companies Top 20 Movers & Shakers – 2011
- Top 25 Canadian Software Companies – 2011
We currently have a full-time, permanent opportunity for a:
Located in Calgary and reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this is a critical leadership role in the Finance team, overseeing a wide range of functions including internal and external reporting, systems, tax, treasury and all accounting operations globally. The Corporate Controller will be actively involved in supporting Solium’s global expansion and other strategic initiatives. Your analysis and insight of Solium’s finances will form the basis for strategic planning and achievement of the Company’s growth objectives.
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentorship to a team of approximately 20 accountants and analysts
- Effective performance management, including setting clear objectives and key results and regularly measuring against those results
- Key member of the finance leadership team, with shared responsibility for planning and contributing to finance team-building sessions
Financial Accounting & Reporting:
- Oversee the financial accounting and reporting function, including the preparation of subsidiary and consolidated financial statements, MD&A, and earnings releases, as well as the AIF and information circular
- Coordinate external audits and maintain key relationships with the Company’s auditors
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of quarterly Audit Committee and Board materials
- Provide guidance on the impact of new accounting standards, such as IFRS 15, IFRS 9 and IFRS 16, and oversee the implementation of these standards
- Responsible for internal management reporting, including monthly variance analysis of financials and KPI’s relative to budget
- Assess margin by region and revenue type in order to drive margin expansion initiatives
- Support the annual budgeting process and assist with rolling forecasts
- Responsible for other financial filings, including filings for Solium regulated entities and the TSX
- Complete due diligence and business combination accounting for acquisitions as required
- Support Solium’s global expansion by advising on and implementing finance operations in new markets
- Ensure strong internal controls and consistent processes are in place across the finance function globally
- Provide oversight to transactional accounting functions, including GL, AR, AP and customer billings
- Analyze and drive changes to the Company’s pricing practices, while maintaining the Company’s value-based pricing philosophy and streamlining billing processes
- Provide leadership around financial systems, including the implementation of NetSuite
- Continually seek methods of improving the control and efficiency of expenses
Tax & Treasury:
- Direct the treasury function, including managing bank accounts, monitoring cash balances and implementing cash forecasting tools
- Advise on and implement hedging processes to mitigate foreign exchange exposure
- Implement a comprehensive investment policy for Solium’s excess cash
- Provide leadership on global tax compliance, including income tax filings, sales & use tax, transfer pricing and SR&ED
- Coordinate global insurance requirements in conjunction with Solium’s insurance broker
- CPA, CA designation with undergraduate degree
- Minimum 10 years of post-designation experience, with a proven track record in managing teams and developing people
- Willingness and ability to flex between leading the team and rolling up your sleeves to get the job done
- Strong technical accounting knowledge with the ability to provide guidance on complex accounting issues
- Strong business acumen and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- High-energy, motivated self-starter, with strong communication, negotiation and relationship-building skills
- Exceptional process orientation and ability to quickly diagnose a problem and fix it
- Experience working with and implementing financial systems (experience with NetSuite and Adaptive would be an asset)
- Ability to work well as with auditors, investors and Board members
- Experience within a software-as-a-service company, a company with global operations or the financial services industry would be an asset
While we thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Solium, please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.