The Alberta Securities Commission is the industry-funded regulator responsible for administering the province's securities laws. It is entrusted with fostering a fair and efficient capital market in Alberta and with protecting investors. As a member of the Canadian Securities Administrators, the ASC works to improve, coordinate and harmonize the regulation of Canada's capital markets.
The role of our Corporate Finance division is to support the ASC’s goal of fostering a fair and efficient capital market. We do this by ensuring investors have access to timely, reliable, and relevant information to make informed investment decisions.
This unique opportunity will appeal to an experienced Chartered Accountant who enjoys the audit function and financial reporting in the context of the broader capital market. This position will also appeal to candidates seeking to develop expertise in the area of securities law and utilize their professional judgement in the area of accounting.
This multi-faceted role offers the opportunity to work with a team of dynamic professionals from various backgrounds to provide effective responses to a wide range of financial and capital market issues.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Providing oversight and analysis of diverse Reporting Issuers’ financial reporting, continuous disclosure documents (i.e: financial statements, AIF, MD&As), prospectuses, pre-filing and exemption applications to identify specific public interest concerns and ensure compliance with securities legislation.
· Presenting to and interfacing with executives of Reporting Issuers, their advisors and other capital market constituents to ensure any identified compliance issues are resolved.
· Participating on committees with colleagues from across Canada on the formation of recommendations for the development of legislative rules, regulatory instruments and amendments.
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
· A Canadian Accounting Professional (CPA - CA) designation.
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience with assurance work and/or preparation of financial reporting for public entities.
· A proven ability to think critically, evaluate alternative positions and make decisions.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· A strong technical understanding of IFRS.
· Strong working knowledge of US GAAP would be an asset.
Visit our website to submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations by May 5, 2017. More information about working at the ASC including our comprehensive Total Rewards package can be found on our website at www.albertasecurities.com.
Online applications will receive an automated confirmation. You will be contacted if you are selected for an interview.