Alberta Health Services is one of the leading health-care providers in Canada, responsible for the delivery of health care to more than 3.9 million Albertans. Working at the AHS enables a better quality of life, not only for our staff, but for their families – there’s no shortage of reasons to join our team.
We care for people. Together.
Alberta Health Services (AHS) is seeking an experienced professional who is passionate about driving success and reaching objectives by sharing their expertise in internal auditing for the role of Senior Internal Auditor.
It is an exciting time to be a part of our Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Management team as we strive to achieve our fundamental goal to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services to continually improve the operations of AHS.
As the Senior Internal Auditor, you will report to the Director of Internal Audit and participate in diverse range of challenging operational audits, advisory projects and investigations. You will provide management advice and assistance regarding risk mitigation, internal control practices and effectiveness and efficiency of business processes.
You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on health care within the Internal Audit team by bringing a disciplined approach to evaluating and improving AHS’ risk management, internal control and governance processes. If you enjoy collaborating with a wide variety of stakeholders to support them in accomplishing their business plan goals, we'd love to talk to you!
- Perform risk assessments for assigned projects.
- Plan and conduct projects which comply with professional standards.
- Draft reports that identify control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement.
- Offer recommendations to mitigate risks for Senior Management.
- Conduct follow-up audits to assess that management has appropriately implemented corrective measures identified by the audit.
- Provide input into the development of the team’s annual risk based audit plan.
- Support Enterprise Risk Management’s (ERM) work related to risk management consulting services and administration of the ERM Executive Committee, as assigned.
- Consult with other professionals within AHS as required and interpret client needs, assess requirements and identifies solutions.
All Non-Union/Exempt positions are being reviewed for possible inclusion in the AUPE General Support Services bargaining unit. If this position is impacted, the incumbent will be notified accordingly.
- Undergraduate degree in business, or related field, and an accounting designation such as CPA (or pursuing).
- Minimum three years of experience in internal and/or external audit.
- Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet and related applications, including Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Visio).
- Experience in an organization of significant size, complexity and diversity or healthcare.
- Internal audit designation such as CIA or CISA.
- Conducting operational audits.
- Conducting IT audits.
- Data analytics (ACL, Tableau, other) and/or working knowledge of audit software such as TeamMate.
Other key competencies for this role include:
- Strong writing skills, with an ability to articulate complex issues clearly and concisely.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects while meeting project timelines.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
To apply, go to AHS.ca/Careers and click on Apply Now, then search for Requisition #: 444264 or directly apply here: https://albertahealthservices.ats.hrsmart.com/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=444264