McMan Calgary & Area is looking for board members to join us in furthering this mission and achieving our vision of a community where children, youth and families have the capacity to lead healthy and fulfilling lives. Our 2016-2018 strategic plan guides our work at all levels of the organization.
We deliver more than 20 programs that evoke positive changes and improve the quality of our community. Each year, more than 2,400 individuals are enriched by our services in five core areas; (1) Youth Homelessness and Housing Supports, (2) Youth Transitional Support Services, (3) Supports for Youth and Families affected by Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD), (4) Supports for Families with Children with Disabilities, and (5) Supports for Families and Caregivers.
Working closely with our strong management team, the Board of Directors provides strategic leadership focused on effective governance of the organization. We are seeking additional members who have skills and experience in one, or more, of the following areas:
Executive Compensation and Human Resources Management
Academic or Systems Knowledge in the areas of mental health and addictions, FASD, and/or youth homelessness
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Committed to learning about McMan Calgary & Area’s impact in the community and serving as ambassadors for the organization
- Community leaders prepared to dedicate between 3 - 5 hours per month for a minimum of one year
- Strong team players are prepared to contribute to discussions and decision-making
- Willing to serve on a minimum of one board committee
- Able to attend monthly 8 – 10 board/committee meetings per year
- Possessing previous board experience
- Willing to support McMan Calgary & Area awareness and fundraising events
- Provide strategic leadership and make decisions in line with the organization’s strategic plan
- Provide fiscal oversight including the adoption of an annual budget
- Review risk plan annually
- Participate in strategic planning aimed at carrying out the organization’s mission and goals
- Periodically review the organizations long range goals and strategies and monitor progress
- Ensure compliance with and periodically update the organization’s board policies and bylaws
- Select, support, evaluate and set compensation of the Executive Director
- Promote awareness of the organization’s mission and services
- Recruit and select members of the Board of Directors
- Review the performance of the Board of Directors annually
McMan believes in investing in board member development. We provide board orientation and on-going board development opportunities as needed.
If you are interested in joining McMan Calgary & Area’s regional Board of Directors, please submit a current resume and covering letter outlining why you are interested in the role, to the attention of Soraya Saliba, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: June 16, 2017