PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Corporate Reporting Specialist, Complex Accounting, applies technical knowledge to maintain accounting balances and prepare related external reporting in specific complex business areas in partnership with internal stakeholders.
The positions are primarily responsible for accounting for equity accounted investments, classification and accounting of leases, leading the adoption of the new lease accounting standard, forecasting and analyzing other income and charges, and accounting for share-based compensation.
- Research, advise and present findings on the accounting implications of a variety of potential transactions regarding leases, equity accounted investments, and share-based compensation arrangements;
- Account for equity accounted investments, share-based compensation and reconcile related accounts;
- Manage the project for the adoption of the new lease accounting standard in accordance with U.S. GAAP including the coordination with multiple stakeholders to ensure project milestones are achieved and the standard is successfully implemented;
- Prepare and review monthly/quarterly/annual financial analysis that supports consolidated financial results and consolidated corporate forecasts for equity accounted investments, other income and charges, and share-based compensation;
- Implement process improvements that support a timely close, forecast accuracy and ability to report, including coordination, as needed, with the software provider;
- Assist with month end close and external quarterly reporting, including XBRL;
- Ensure financial reporting is in compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), Tax or securities regulation, as applicable;
- Ensure accounting and reporting process complies with applicable internal control (SOX) requirements;
- Identify, analyze and reconcile inconsistent information in order to recommend adjustments where necessary;
- Address and respond to queries from auditors and internal reviewers.
- Accounting Designation required (CPA; CPA, CA);
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience;
- Experience with complex accounting matters, including leases and equity accounted investments;
- Knowledge of US GAAP (desirable);
- ERP/SAP expertise (desirable);
- Application Expertise (desirable): BPC, Excel, Solium, Workiva;
- Process Management Skills;
- Possess a strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and work independently in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.