In order to meet its strategic objectives the CDAA is recruiting a volunteer Financial Assistant who will work in collaboration with the Board, Executive Director, and Administrator/Bookkeeper to refine the association’s financial policies and provide financial support and assistance in the following areas:
- Verification of receivables including online/electronic transactions
- Review of monthly bank reconciliations
- Development of CDAA annual and event budgets
- Analysis of the association’s income/expenses and calculation of variances based on regular review of the CDAA cash flow statement
- Identification of opportunities for organizational efficiencies
- Preparation of statements and reconciliations for year-end audit
The successful candidate will be recently designated, or currently enrolled in the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP) and be proficient with QuickBooks software and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets. Knowledge of and experience with the Alberta Societies Act and professional associations would be an asset.
This volunteer role is a consultative/support role and should not exceed 10 hours/month. The hours are flexible with the possibility of ad hoc attendance at board meetings which are held one evening/month.
Please submit a resume and cover letter outlining your motivation to volunteer with the CDAA, your relevant skills and education, and your progress in the CPA PEP to Paula Wischoff Yerama, Executive Director, at email@example.com by May 17, 2017.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the CDAA.