FCL invites applications for the position of Accounting Supervisor, Food and HABS (Home and Building Solutions) in our home office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
The Accounting Supervisor, Food and HABS is responsible for the accounting functions related to the FCL Food, TGP, TPP, and HABS business units. This involves supervising the preparation of monthly financial statements and gross margin calculations, the review of expenses, and assistance in preparing and review of budgets. The Supervisor reviews and analyzes operational results, coordinates the budget process, and provides business advisory services to the business units.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Provide accounting services on daily basis to meet business unit financial reporting, planning and analysis needs. Assist the business units with business planning and budgeting
- Review gross margin calculations prepared by Intermediate Accountants to ensure accuracy and proper processing. Provide assistance and guidance as needed.
- Supervise the preparation of the monthly sales and gross margin statements and ensure the accuracy, timeliness and reliability of results reported.
- Manage a staff of four union employees. Assign, coordinate, review and evaluate the work performed to ensure duties are performed to a high standard.
- Review and monitor business unit expenses and balance sheet accounts and inquire into discrepancies and determine the cause.
- Update policies, training manuals and job responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor of Commerce/Business Degree with Accounting major and 5-7 years of accounting experience including 3+ years of supervisory experience. A Professional accounting designation (CPA).
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
Please submit a detailed resume in confidence on or before May 24, 2017:
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Federated Co-operatives Limited
401 - 22nd Street East
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7K 3M9
Fax (306) 244-3462
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of Western Canada's most successful organizations.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.