This position works closely with other accounting team members in providing timely & accurate management reporting and analytical support to the Property Management Group, Asset Management, and Corporate Accounting.
This position involves directing and overseeing the following areas of responsibility:
- Monthly financial statement preparation in an accurate and timely manner
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reporting packages
- Preparing the Year-end Audit Package Requirements
- Assisting with annual budget and reporting
- Preparing Monthly Re-Forecast Reports
- Preparing Year-end Adjustments and Pre-billings: ensuring that all pertinent information necessary to prepare Year-end Adjustment and Pre-billings are made available for timely completion
- Tenant lease analysis, interpretation and modeling to ensure recovery accuracy in budgeting and accounting systems
- Revenue recognition assessments for new leases, renewed leases, lease surrenders, etc. To ensure accuracy and compliance with Brookfield policies.
- Assisting Asset Management and other Brookfield Departments as requested with providing accurate/timely accounting information (crucial to lease negotiations; supports critical ongoing tenant relationships)
- Assisting various departments with accounting information/direction as needed
- Liaising with counterparts in otherBrookfieldoffices
- Other projects as required
Excellent communication and organizational skills. Must be able to work both in a team environment and independently in a highly deadline driven environment. Self-motivated, detail oriented with strong initiative and analytical skills. Multi-tasking, problem solving and prioritization skills are critical to this role.
Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a Property Accounting environment
Working toward a professional CPA designation is desired
Advanced level MS Excel. Solid working knowledge of Yardi.
All interested applicants please submit your cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly through our company career page at https://www.brookfieldproperties.com/careers/positions/136/
Brookfield is committed to accommodating the individual needs of all applicants with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process as required under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.