Program Manager, Workforce Metrics & Performance Reporting
Requisition #: 446518
Location: Negotiable within Province
Employee Class: Regular Full-Time
Healthy Albertans, Healthy Communities. Together
Alberta Health Services (AHS) is seeking a Program Manager, Workforce Metrics & Performance Reporting to join our Analytic & Planning team within the Human Resources (HR) department. As a member of our team, you have the opportunity to work with some of the best HR professionals in Canada, for one of the nation’s largest employers.
As the Program Manager (PM), you will lead in the development of evidence-based workforce analytics tools, programs and systems. You are a highly motivated professional who brings a depth of analytical expertise and will help drive key organizational projects and programs. You will be a key member of the HR Analytics & Planning leadership team and will provide mentorship and lead a team of analytic experts.
Reporting to the Director, HR Analytic & Planning, the PM, is expected to work in an integrated and collaborative manner to build greater analytical capacity and capability within HR and organizational leaders. The incumbent will be the point of contact for multiple internal and external stakeholders within AHS such as HR, Clinical Staff, Finance, IT, Alberta Health and Canadian Institute of Health Information (CIHI).
The PM requires strong project management experience as they will manage various organization projects work such as the Western Healthcare CEO Benchmarking Project and any other matters pertaining to workforce-specific measurement and performance reporting. The role relies on in-depth knowledge and experience with workforce systems, data, metrics and analytics to support the strategic and operational workforce measurement needs. The PM charters projects, determines appropriate methods, plans and strategizes in order to achieve the required objectives and ensure the quality of analytic outputs (e.g. performance measures, dashboards, reports, models, etc.).
Additional responsibilities include:
- Workforce and performance metric reporting and benchmarking (internal/external)
- Creating and providing access to workforce data for various stakeholders
- Support and development of HR Analytics module in e-Manager reporting system
- Integration of data within various internal and external datasets
- Economic and other external workforce related environmental scanning, benchmarking and reporting
- Master’s degree in business or health administration, information technology, computing science, statistics/biostatistics, analytics, or other related field with an advanced quantitative focus. CHRP, CIA, ISP, CAP or other recognized designation is preferred. - equivalencies of education and experience may be considered
- Eight years’ experience in a management, administrative, analytic, evaluation, quality improvement or clinical role in an organization of significant size, complexity and diversity - healthcare experience an asset.
- Significant experience leading cross-functional teams, expert level analysis, and developing complex reports to disseminate results
- Experience overseeing multiple concurrent projects and managing competing timelines
Other key competencies for this role include:
- Demonstrated ability to lead change and influence decision-making through the synthesis and interpretation of data
- Experience in developing strong working relationships and partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with senior leaders by presenting detailed plans, complex analysis, methods and findings in business- and user-friendly language
- Results orientated and be able to assist at various levels within the organization and contribute to strategy development.
- Thought leader and have the ability to report clearly and thoroughly to various audiences and clients in a timely manner.
Please apply online here or visit the Alberta Health Services Career page and search for “Workforce Metrics” no later than 4:00 pm on June 9, 2017. Posting will close prior to closing date if a suitable candidate is found
Note: Should you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Tony Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.