Are you a results-driven individual? Do you thrive in a lightning quick, rapidly evolving environment and love nothing more than finding ways to overcome a challenge? Do you enjoy a fast-paced career with a focus on work-life balance? If you found yourself saying “that’s me!” then we want you to come work at Optimum Mortgage.
Optimum Mortgage is the residential lending division of Canadian Western Bank and we are the fastest growing business in the company! We are looking for individuals to join our growing team who are hardworking, confident and have an entrepreneurial spirit. You have great ideas, and need an outlet to put them into play. You’re excited to work with a highly engaged group of people, who at times, can be found having weekly activities to keep the office fun since we work so hard.
You can think on your feet. You like to learn new things, and can learn quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches. In our ever-changing environment, you know how to adapt.
Optimum Mortgage is a place someone like you can to grow your career, so check out the details about this exciting opportunity.
The primary focus of the Securitization Analyst is to manage the day-to-day operational requirements of Canadian Western Bank’s participation in the NHA Mortgage-Backed Securities (MBS) program. This position will be relied upon as the subject matter expert on the NHA MBS program and will be expected to interact with a variety of bank departments (Treasury, Finance, etc.) to ensure all program requirements are completed on a consistent basis. Accountabilities of the position will include managing all MBS pool creation requirements, completion of all MBS reporting requirements (daily, weekly, monthly, annually), management of MBS pool remittances, and managing the activities of a variety of bank partners & vendors as it relates to the MBS program.
- Contribute to the profitable growth of the bank by ensuring that all mortgage-backed securities (MBS) program requirements are managed in an effective and consistent manner
- Responsible for the design & effective implementation of processes & procedures related to the NHA MBS program
- Responsible for the completion of all MBS pool creation requirements, completion of all MBS reporting requirements (daily, weekly, monthly, & annually), and management of all MBS pool remittance activities.
- Manage the data gathering & analysis requirements for loan portfolio sales (outside of NHA MBS activities) for Optimum Mortgage
- Identify & implement process improvements to increase the efficiency & effectiveness of the NHA MBS program for Canadian Western Bank
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert resource on the NHA MBS program and other securitization initiatives
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert resource on the Mortgage Hub securitization software & provide support to CWB departments in the operational aspects of Mortgage Hub
- Provide coaching & training on mortgage-backed securities topics to Canadian Western Bank departments
- Responsible for completion of daily tasks with tight timelines
Being part of our team means you have to play by our rules:
- Inspire trust by being open, honest and direct in communication, meeting commitments and behaving ethically in all dealings
- Treat all stakeholders with professionalism, dignity and respect and support an environment where people can contribute and excel
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills that contribute to working effectively in a diverse working environment
- Accept responsibility and accountability for actions and results
- Make decisions guided by common sense and sound business judgement
- Promote cooperation and commitment within the CWB Group towards the attainment of common goals enabling productive group interactions
- Prepare and regularly review annual goals and career development plan with manager/supervisor
- Undergraduate degree in Business (Finance, Economics, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a financial institution
- Preferred experience in residential mortgage securitization and familiarity with the NHA Mortgage-Backed Securities program, the Canada Mortgage Bond program, and other securitization structures.
- Demonstrated experience working with MortgageHub or other securitization software platforms
- Superior knowledge of computer applications, with a strong competency in Excel and MortgageHub
- Demonstrated strong and accurate quantitative skills, familiarity with data management and control
- Excellent attention to detail; strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to clearly and logically express himself/herself, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work cooperatively with others across functional areas of the organization (Treasury, Finance, Risk, etc.)
- Proven ability to develop effective processes, procedures and controls
- Demonstrated ability to meet critical deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and take ownership for responsibilities
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit