Edmonton Transit Service (ETS), Business Integration is looking for a dynamic individual who works best in a fast paced, highly integrated and collaborative environment. Business Integration is a central service unit for Edmonton Transit Service, providing service and support in areas such as strategic planning, budget and financials, performance measures, continuous improvement, customer feedback, fare policy and programs, and fare product distribution.
Working in an integrated business model, the General Supervisor is accountable for leadership and oversight of services and support to Edmonton Transit Service in the areas of strategic planning, budgeting, analytics, and process improvements.
The General Supervisor will:
- Build a culture of governance and responsible financial stewardship for the Branch
- Lead a team of senior specialists and analysts in the provision of business planning, reporting, marketing and financial management
- Lead Branch and Section business planning processes to ensure common outcomes and alignment with Department and City
- Support Council and Committees through a robust reporting system
- Support decision making with research, interpretation, development and communication of meaningful business data and reporting
- Oversee the capital and operating budgets for the Branch
- Oversee all financial processes and reporting for the Branch
- Develop and implement systems and processes to support contract management and the development and maintenance of policies
- Monitor and manage risk to the Branch, the Department and to the City
- Build strong relationships across the Branch, Department and other areas of the City to create alignment, support an integrated business model
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Commerce, Public Administration or a related discipline
Post-graduate education or coursework in strategic planning, financial management, public administration, project management, continuous improvement, performance measures and analytics, change management, or other leadership training would be an asset
A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in a leadership role within a large, complex organization
Proven track record of strong fiscal management, business planning and continuous improvement
Experience managing multidisciplinary teams accountable for large, politically sensitive and complex projects and processes
Critical thinking skills and an ability to challenge existing processes
Ability to analyze complex technical information and make timely decisions
Proven program/business planning and organizational skills
Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills with experience in solving complex and sensitive issues
Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to interact well with a diverse group of executives, colleagues, staff and citizens
Strong written communication and presentation skills, including report writing
Demonstrated ability and willingness to develop strong relationships and work in a collaborative, integrated manner
Human Resources including recruitment, coaching, performance development and management, and conflict resolution
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Hours of Work: 36.9 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Salary: $110,091 - $137,618 (Annually)
Recruitment Consultant: JM/MZ