On behalf of our client, NorQuin (Northern Quinoa Production Corporation), we are searching for a Controller for corporate operations in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. NorQuin’s mission is to make quinoa a staple crop. The company is taking the quinoa market by storm through vertically-integrated, Canadian supply chain: industry-leading breeding research, contract farming across the prairies, processing with premier technology, and distribution in some of the largest retail and wholesale channels. Founded by David Friedberg (founder of The Climate Corporation), this innovative and successful company is backed by one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a self-starter with a positive attitude who is not afraid to “roll up his or her sleeves” yet can also see and work towards the “big picture.” The Controller will be responsible for:
- Accurate, timely publishing and analysis of financial statements
- Overseeing the implementation and maintenance of a new ERP system
- Managing inventory tracking and reporting
- Maintaining internal controls
- Managing working capital and treasury
- Supporting the year-end and other periodic audit processes
- Building and leading the team
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- CPA designation
- Five or more years of combined accounting and finance experience
- Grain industry experience is considered an asset
- ERP “power user” experience
- An ability to be proactive in identifying solutions, creative and resourceful with strong attention to detail
- A demonstrated ability to exemplify company values, display a sense of humour and a strong work ethic appropriate for a fast-paced, growth company
- Impeccable sense of integrity and character
- An ability to work independently yet collaboratively to contribute to company objectives
- An ability to be both a leader and an individual contributor
- An ability to work as part of a team and build rapport
- A healthy appetite for quinoa!
If are interested in a challenging and dynamic opportunity and have the right skills and qualifications consider forwarding your resume to Yvette.Battistolo@mnp.ca, or call 306 751 7969.
About the Community
Situated on the beautiful banks of the South Saskatchewan River, Saskatoon is centrally located within the province of Saskatchewan. With its healthy economy and booming job market, Saskatoon is a city of infinite possibilities. With lots of sunshine, excellent schools and health care, recreational activities such as year-round festivals, live theatre and a vibrant music scene, it’s a city with something for everyone. Optimism pervades and opportunity awaits you in this vibrant, growing city. (www.livingsaskatoon.com).