Are you an individual that has been looking for an opportunity where you will be able to take the lead? Where the opportunity exists to expand your career? If you have a combination of pipeline industry experience, technical expertise, successful delivery of projects and excellent communications skills, you are definitely someone we want to talk to.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of detailed monthly tax provisions through to journal entry and reconciliations of tax related balances to the general ledger
- Development of annual tax budget, and monthly variance reporting against that budget
- Preparation of corporate and partnership tax returns, including researching tax treatments of business items.
- Preparation of commodity tax returns including GST and PST
- Supporting accounts payable with GST and PST queries from business units, vendors and customers. Overseeing internal analytical checks, and external consultant checks.
- Interacting with the Canada Revenue Agency, and Provincial tax authorities on specific queries and audits
- Researching the tax implications of various different business projects
- Working with external advisers (lawyers / accountants) and internal subject matter experts (Corporate tax in Houston) to explore new opportunities / challenges from legislative changes
- 3 to 5 years related experience
- Accounting Degree
- CPA designation
- CPA In-depth Tax Part I
- Corporate tax return preparation experience
- Corporate tax provision experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Self-motivated, capable of performing tasks with minimal supervision.
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Must be a problem solver with the ability to find resolutions.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Strong analytical skills.
As an equal opportunity employer, Kinder Morgan Canada actively encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Aboriginal Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.