We currently have a full-time, permanent opportunity for a:
Manager, Accounts Receivable and Billing
Located in downtown Calgary, AB and reporting to the Operational Controller, you will have primary responsibility to skillfully lead a team of professionals who are responsible for a diverse set of tasks including, but not limited to, client invoicing, reconciling revenue and expenses related to client and brokerage agreements, and maintaining large amounts of data across systems. The Calgary-based team is responsible for AR & Billing activities for our Canadian, American and Australian entities.
The ideal candidate must have experience with IFRS and be comfortable with leading the team in adopting changes in recording for transactions as new guidelines are adopted, which can include changes in systems set-up, business processes and special reporting. They will also need to be actively involved in assisting the AR team transition to new accounting and billing systems, ensuring that the team has the opportunity to participate in required master data and logic for system set-up, lead the changes needed in manual processes to enable seamless inputs into new systems, and participate in user acceptance testing.
As the Manager, AR & Billing, you will bring your curiosity, relationship building skills, and depth of hands-on accounting experience to our fast-paced, high-change environment. You get excited about creating and implementing new tools and processes, love to get your team involved in big projects and most of all, you understand the importance of AR & Billing being done in a timely and accurate manner.
If this sounds like you, we should talk!
• Guide team to maintain complete and accurate customer master data in Finance system, Salesforce and Shareworks
• Lead direct reports, including setting expectations, key performance targets and implementing development plans for each staff member.
• Facilitate training both in-role and cross-functionally, including succession planning; work closely with employees on educational support and career development
• Ensure team works effectively to focus on areas of priority.
• You will take ownership and responsibility for a variety of processes, such as:
o Billings based on varied customer contracts to appropriate set-ups for products and pricings
o Billings based on participants using our systems and transactions conducted during billing periods, ensuring that billings reference proper accounting codes for entity, products and proper accounting periods for revenue recognition
o Accounts Receivable including payment applications on account and collections activities that focus on reducing the number and value of past due invoices.
o Identify process improvement opportunities for people, processes and systems and implement changes to streamline activities.
o Documenting and implementing policies and procedures for the Billing, AR transactions and Collections.
• Review and approve a variety of scheduled and ad hoc activities, including but not limited to:
o Review of all monthly billings and annual renewals for accuracy and completeness.
o Monthly review of all AR Aging reports and follow-up and priority on all past due balances with priority on annual > 60 days past due and monthly with > 3 invoices not paid.
o Individual client billing month over month variances to ensure all changes are accurate and have adequate explanations for management reporting purposes.
o Journal entries relating to Billings, AR Adjustments and Deferred Revenue.
o Entity-specific monthly and quarterly Billing, Revenue / AR reconciliations and reporting.
• Ensure timely and effective follow up on inquiries and resolution of issues to prevent material impacts to the monthly financial results.
• Ensure that internal controls are designed and operating effectively throughout the year, including following authorizations per the Solium Authority Policy
• Assist with the implementation of remediation activities to correct previously identified internal control deficiencies and/or exceptions
• Proven relationship and leadership skills in leading a team of transactional staff, including a minimum 5 years’ supervisory experience.
• Recognized accounting designation, with a minimum of 8 years post-designation experience progressing through a finance function
• Fluency in spoken and written English is a must
• Sound knowledge of all Billing, Revenue Recognition, AR and Collections processes, within an internal controls environment.
• Proven analytical, financial accounting and managerial skills.
• Experience or exposure with Public Company Accounting and knowledge of IFRS changes to Revenue Recognition
• High level of comfortable in a fast-paced and evolving environment , including demonstrated success with process improvement and change management
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions, working under deadlines, creative thinking, and making sound decisions based on incomplete information.
• A deep belief in team success, collaboration and a willingness to lead teams through continuous growth and change.
• Demonstrated proficiency with technology and technical concepts, including but not limited to ERP systems and the Microsoft office suite, including Intermediate level Excel
• Effectively manages themselves during times of stress
• Leads effectively by setting team objectives, providing ongoing coaching and inspiring the team to excel
• Strong analytical, attention-to-detail, and problem solving skills
While we thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Solium, please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.Please apply on our website.